Our Eastern Townships Legal Aid team of criminal and penal lawyers can represent you and answer your questions regarding matters in the following areas:
– charges under the Criminal Code of Canada (for example, for theft, assault, uttering threats, sexual assault, fraud, murder, breach of conditions, being unlawfully at large, dangerous driving, obstruction, extortion, forcible confinement, child pornography, etc.);
– offences under the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (simple possession, for the purpose of trafficking, trafficking, production, exporting/importing, etc.);
– in some cases, for offences under the Tobacco Tax Act
– requests for terms of imprisonment under the Code of Penal Procedure (for defaulted fines)
– applications for parole;
– requests with respect to prison law, including hearings before the Parole Board, or Commission des libérations conditionnelles du Québec (1/6, 1/3, 2/3 of sentences) and consultations (e.g. sentence calculation, health care, security classification, etc.);
– hearings before the Review Board for mental disorder;
– offences under the Cannabis Act.
To set up an appointment with one of our lawyers, please get in touch with us.